Tuesday, September 11, 2007

PKD Walk


Some of you may or may not know that I lost my mom (Naomi De Vargas) to Polycystic Kidney Disease, when I was 11 years old. This life threatening disease effects over 600,000 people a year just in the US. At this time there is no cure for the disease. The only funding the foundation is receiving is from people like you, doctors, and state and nationwide grants.


I just recently became involved with the PKD foundation (I did not know there was one) and have been meeting with the chapters manager on how I can become active in the organization. This Sunday September 16th is the PKD walk (at the Rose Bowl) and will be walking in remembrance of my mom. I am also giving an hour consultation for the silent auction and a piece from my showroom.


I am not asking that you donate any money, but if you can that would be great. I don't want any young girl or boy or baby to go through what I went through as a child and any help would be much appreciated. You can donate here. And if you know of someone who has this disease or have lost someone with PKD, please let me know. I would love to hear from you or perhaps you would like to join us at the walk this Sunday, you can still sign up. And please feel free to forward this blog link, or add it to your blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment