Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Living In: In the Mood for Love

from Design*Sponge

In the Mood for Love has the capacity to hold me spellbound for it’s entire length. I kept forgetting to pause and take screen grabs for the images I wanted to include in the column because I was so entranced. Wong Kar-wai’s sweeping and reserved platonic romance tells the tale of a pair of neighbors in who discover their spouses are having an affair in 1962 Hong Kong.Sometimes when I do this posts for lesser known movies, I get really worried. I want them to be great so you’ll rent it and (hopefully) love it as much as I do. Normally, I’ll just pull a few cute things from the internet and write up a couple of sentences and hope for the best. This time is different. I am going to shamefully beg you to watch this movie. On my knees, beg. Seriously beg. Get thee to thine house of DVD rental and watch right now, beg. It’s sexy, reserved and utterly sublime. You won’t be sorry.



Schumacher’s Chiang Mai Dragon fabric, beaded clutch $67, birdcage hanging lamp $98, set of 2 vintage jadite cups and saucers $37, Mah Jong set $58, talcum powder $2.50, wooden comb $3.50, engine barstool $89, bonox clock $18.



three panel screen $129, fluted pendant lamp $248, crane desk lamp $99, loose tea tins $2.25+, classic clock $55, set of two noodle bowls and chopsticks $20, acacia mini bar $399, vintage embroidered slippers $24.50, lunch box set of 3 $85.

No comments:

Post a Comment