Friday, July 9, 2010

INSPIRATION: LAYERED PATTERN + PRINT

from coco+kelley by cassandra @ coco+kelley
This week at Anthropologie we're beginning the changeover to our fall concepts (yes, already!) and I'm loving the rich inspirations we've been given. However, I always face one big challenge to my personal aesthetic when merchandising our product - how to layer pattern upon pattern upon pattern without it looking like a wild mess.

For those of you who may be just as timid or baffled by using a plethora of prints, I've found the perfect inspiration - this stunning editorial by Andrew Yee...
alek-wek4
The trick is to pick a palette and mix the scale of the prints and textures within that palette - a rule that I definitely implore at work and with clients. And if there's one textile designer out there whose line makes it easier for us, it's John Robshaw and his wide range of pillows, bedding and tabletop offerings.
mixed print john robshaw get the lookalek-wek8mixed print john robshaw get the look2
I find the hardest part to be resisting the urge to buy a pair of every pillow, but instead buying a variety of styles in one palette. The better to mix and match with my dears! Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment