Friday, April 27, 2007

Design 911 / Lindsey's Glamour Bedroom





For my first Design 911, I received an email from Lindsey who lives in Dallas who is redecorating her bedroom. Lindsey purchased these chairs from a vintage store which were once sitting chairs at The Dallas Country Club. She explained to me she wants to incorporate the pair in her bedroom and isn't sure how to make them work.

Following are some design suggestions for the room and the chairs...

Lindsey has already done a great job decorating her room. Her bed, bedding and dresser are all fab purchases. I think the chairs will look really nice if the were lacquered in white gloss and upholstered in a light green velvet fabric with brass tacks added to the trim.

I would suggest painting the room a soft beige and adding the Ikea Ritva bleached curtains (Lindsey said she was considering them) and have them hang to the floor and add some soft colored trim with some detail. I feel like the room has too many dark pieces and I would switch out those black lamps for the green ones but spray paint them turquoise and paint that mirror over your bed in white. I think it will brighten up the room. You might also want to buy new handles for your bedside tables. Some glass nob's or something white would make them really stand out.

Lindsey may want to consider reusing one of the black lamps for her dresser or put one of them in between the chairs if she has a side table and find some white shades for them. You will probably need some light on that side of the room.

Above images were pulled from 1stdibs (green chairs), Pieces (blue lamps and bright green chairs), and Walmart (bed set).

I adore this room and now after decorating it I wish I could get my hands on it and finish it for her. Hope you like the design Lindsey!

No comments:

Post a Comment