Sunday, July 15, 2007

Design 911 / Courtney's Eclectic Guest Room



I feel soooo bad, because Courtney from Stylecourt wrote in regarding her guest room for Design 911 like weeks ago and I am FINALLY posting her lamp now.


So here goes...I love her Guanyin figure but I think when it gets placed on a stand with a black shade its very predictable. I think it would be a great idea to make or create a stand that extends up the back (much like the photos of inspiration) with wood and paint it sea foam green or turquoise to bring out the colors in the figure. And instead of a wood base, how about a Lucite base in clear? And I would add a small white drum shade which gives the lamp a more modern feel. Hope you like it Courtney, and I promise to get to the other items in the room!

And remember if you have a vintage item and need help, email me with the item and the room its going in and I will help advise on how to revamp it!

No comments:

Post a Comment