Thursday, May 27, 2010

Living In: The Darjeeling Limited

from Design*Sponge by grace

I want to take a spiritual quest through India on a train. I want a monogrammed set of louis vuitton luggage with little drawings of rhinos. I want to develop a rapport with Adrien Brody and by rapport I mean I want to have his babies. Sometimes it’s hard to live in a world where we are so programmed to want want want. But thinking about it too much is a drag cause all I really WANT do is watch The Darjeeling Limited over again.
airmail envelopes $6, matta scarf $133, aviator sunglasses $11, steamline “aviator” series luggage $131+, (My snake fear prohibited my researching places to buy one online. So yeah. If you want to buy one online, good luck with that.) indian oil lamp $23, red beaded necklace $74, peacock feathers $9, ganesha bell hall hanging $50.



Okay, so truth be told the whole Wes Anderson thing is not without it’s annoyances. But even I can get over the cliquish, predictable deadpan deliveries and dork out over the stuff, because what Anderson does well is stuff. Nostalgic, waspy stuff is generally stuff I can get behind. I’ve been heckled from day one by countless of you to do a post on that other movie he did, you know the one with the precocious children and track suits from the 70s. All in good time, my children, all in good time. But for now, can we just focus our attention on what’s really important here? Have you no respect for Adrien Brody? For shame. -amy m.
bubble wall clock $98, john robshaw printed dhurrie $100 for a 2X3, indian door hanging $25, elephant cuff $190, john robshaw pichhwai pillow $100, fleur-de-lys tumblers $32/ set of 4, vintage stainless steel teapot $10, bamboo tray $13, rachel comey leather sandals $298.

No comments:

Post a Comment