Friday, May 4, 2007

Design 911 / Becky's Eclectic Living Room





Becky from Hatch Design Public Blog wrote in about her newly acquired mid century chair and how it badly needs a face lift. Becky's home is full of great pieces that rage from modern to rustic to mid century.
I adore Becky's blue colored lamps and pillows but think she might need a little more color in her living room. I think it would be fun if the back part of the chair was spray painted in white gloss. I would also spray paint the metal part of the chair black and sand it down first for a smooth clean finish.
On the seat I would upholster it in a yellow geometric pattern like the ones above from Florence Broadhurst or Lewis and Sheron.

I would love to see this chair redone and perhaps Becky can send in a photo of the finished product. Thanks Becky and I hope you enjoy your newly designed chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment