Monday, May 14, 2007

Just a little something to share...


Many years ago my father Val De Vargas was in a movie called Touch Of Evil, starring Janet Leigh, Charlton Heston and Orson Welles (who was also the director). The cult classic was filmed in 1958 and was shot just down the street from where I live now on Windward Ave in Venice Beach. I love this movie (not just because dad was in it) but it is such a movie masterpiece that included the first moving car camera mount, a 7 minute intro without any cuts and many other creative directing tricks Orson developed for the film. If you get a chance check it out and if you have seen it I would love to hear your thoughts.

By the way my dad played Grandi's nephew in the movie the leader of the gang, who is featured just directly behind Janet Leigh in the photo above.

No comments:

Post a Comment