Friday, May 11, 2007

Design 911 /Jennifer's Mod Chic Dining Room




Jennifer from Vancouver Canada wrote to me about her dining room that she needs help decorating. She purchased the dining room table from Craigslist and really likes the shape but is not sure what to do with the piece.

I think the table would look great if it was lacquered in white and had a glass top. I think it would totally hot if she purchased these Ikea chairs (or simaliar ones) and had them slipcovered in this fabric panel from Urban Outfitters. That way she can have them dry cleaned if need be.
I really think the red peacock pattern of the fabric would be a nice contrast with the black chandelier. I would also have the credenza lacquered in white gloss and add a great abstract print above it (thinking of Richard Serra) with a funky tall bright yellow lamp.

I took a chance on this one since Jennifer said she might be moving some things around in her living area which is just opposite of the dining room. Jennifer I hope you like the design!

No comments:

Post a Comment