Monday, June 28, 2010

Beth's Patterned and Modern Whimsy Outdoor Picnic Party

from Apartment Therapy Main by Beth Zeigler
062510party-01.jpg 
It's no secret, I'm a big 'ole fan of patterns--the more the merrier in my book. And if I had to translate my personal decorating style outdoors, it'd have a touch more whimsy than what I allow indoors.
1. No outdoor picnic party of mine would be found without string lights hanging from above.
2. A southerner at heart, I'd love to sport my monogram with a set of these plates from Neiman Marcus.
3. Great looking flatware is hard to find (and unfortunately, my most-liked is no longer available). But that's not to say a long day of web research can't offer up something similar.
4. I could spend a week at Mr. Boddington's Studio, oohing and ahhing over the amazing designs. My current fave--Dodger!
5. Moss and flower terrariums as the party's centerpiece? (Heck yeah). And when they're done decorating the party, the glass containers can go indoors for a lasting decorating touch.
6. Even though there is great lighting above, a little extra mood lighting never hurt anyone. These beauties are from E.R. Butler & Co available in oxidized bronze, gold or sterling silver plate.
7. Ever since purchasing a tea towel representing my home state, I've always been attracted to these California state glasses.
8. Just because the party is outdoors doesn't mean you have to give up on the cozy factor. Adding patterned seat cushions to the picnic table feels comfy and looks oh-so-fun.
9. A picnic table that looks old school but can keep up with my current friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment