Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Off-White or Light Grey?

Lately all I can think about is painting my apartment.
Sometimes I think the builders beige (or whatever colour they put in apartments) isn't so bad,
but others times I look around and can't stand it.
I know it would look SO much better painted...
but it's an overwhelming thought...
to paint my entire apartment (even though it's small).
But literally, it's all I can think about lately.
"You should really just paint and get it over with," I say to myself.
"Your place would look so much better."
"The care you've taken to decorate and furnish deserves a nice background...not this builders beige shit."
Ugh. I can barely stand it.
And it would be so much easier a decision to make if I knew what colour I wanted to paint it.
That's a WHOLE OTHER ISSUE.
I'm torn between an off-white, like Moonlight White by BM:
As seen above in Anna's home on Door Sixteen
Or a nice soft grey.
My latest obsession is Dolphin Fin by Behr:
(Yes, I have paint obsessions. I have a whole list of potential paint colours...)
As seen above in Alaina's apartment on Live Creating Yourself 
(a recent blog find of mine..and as such added to my 'On My Radar' section on the sidebar--->)
You simply must check out her blog (and her house tour!)
Can't believe she pulled it all together so quickly!
As seen above in Kristen's super cute home over on the blog KFF Designs
Personally, I think the grey would be more interesting and that's the direction I'm leaning in (and, as you can see, it still works well as a neutral) but off-white seems like the 'safe' choice.
And because I'm already slightly overwhelmed by the thought of painting my apartment I don't want to do it twice. I'd prefer to get it right the first time.
Your thoughts?
Off-White or Light Grey?

No comments:

Post a Comment