Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Living In: The Parent Trap

from Design*Sponge

It is officially summer and I am officially, um…. hot. I’ve been channeling all of the energy I can muster (not much) into dreaming about my upcoming vacation to my family’s summer house in New Hampshire. Long canoe rides, hikes in the mountains, the occasional campfire and a fair amount of time spent lounging in a vintage swimsuit. I’ve basically engineered my weeks off to become a glorified grownup summer camp and no movie brings more nostalgic summer-timey camp goodness to the table than The Parent Trap.
brass compass $15, recycled sunglasses $21, deadstock vintage swimsuit $190, wooden oar $26, american traders wooden canoe $2700+, swiss army knife $10, ll bean mariner purse $77, pendleton glacier national park blanket $160.



The Parent Trap is just adorable on every front, regardless of its superbly improbable plot. Two cute blonds at the same camp who look exactly alike? Guess what? Long lost twinsies who then use their painful cuteness to trick their estranged parents into falling in love again. One is a prep school Boston princess and the other’s a rough and tumble California tomboy. Both are equally out fitted in awesomeness and other than the whole pouring honey on fellow sleeping tent-mates, I’m game just about everything else.
blue metal lantern $26, diamond safety matches $1.25, antique nickel flashlight $14, chloe high waisted shorts $360, vintage suitcase $45, woven leather oxfords $115, outdoor teepee $2200, blue bandana $2, wildflower honey $4.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment